Friday, January 21, 2022

Your presence

 Thursday, January 20, 2022 (5:17 a.m.)

Thank You, God!


How’s that for getting right to it? Thank You for all You did in, with, by, through and for me yesterday.


Confessing to You, myself and another [Step 5ish of 12] got the ball rolling. Admitting my own inability to effect change allowed You to come right in. Doing what I couldn’t. Renewing a right spirit within me (Psalm 51:10b). Thank and praise You Lord.


I come before You this morning with an entirely different list of things to do. Places to go. People to see. All quite out of my ordinary. I’m asking You Father to completely encompass me with Your presence.


Mm, yes Lord. It is You I seek. To You I turn. Hungering and thirsting for Your presence. And now I sing. And smile. Contentedly. Hopefully. Prayerfully.


Thank You Father. Praise You God. A medley of songs. All hitting at once. Each wanting to be first.


Let’s go with ♪Holy Spirit, You are welcome here Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for To be overcome by Your presence, Lord Your presence, Lord♪


Oh, it’s so true! I gave up my own attempts to control yesterday and You worked effortlessly through me. Things fit and made sense without my effort. Undertakings fell into place with time left over.


Researching this song I’m directed to Isaiah 11:2. Again. The “book of Immanuel”. A Branch from David’s Line.


Chaos, crisis and confusion is abounding in the world around us. And You stay the same [cue ♪Your Love Never Fails♪]. Blessed God, thank You for the variety of ways You sing and speak Your Truth to us through every day.


Make me able to hear You. See You. Follow You. It happened yesterday. I’m asking for more. More Truth. More wisdom. More obedience to Your will and to Your way.


I love You Lord. You matter to me. I need and want Your presence in my comings and goings this day. ♪Thy Will Be Done♪ Use me exactly as You know is best. Surrendered and obedient.


♪There’s nothing worth more That could ever come close No thing can compare You’re our living hope Your presence, Lord I’ve tasted and seen Of the sweetest of loves Where my heart becomes free And my shame is undone Your presence, Lord♪


Yes, please. Encompass me again this day. Going before, behind, beside, beneath, above and within me. Completely covering me with Your goodness and Your grace.


♪Holy Spirit, You are welcome here…♪


“And the Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him - the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD” (Isaiah 11:2).


Jesus came into the world to save it, not condemn it (John 3:17). To help. To put the world right again (The Message).


Do all You must Dear Lord. Amen.

(497 words ~ 6:42 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment