Tuesday, January 18, 2022

♪ Sing ♪

 Tuesday, January 18, 2022 (7:40 a.m.)

Holy God,


Here’s a surprise. Attempting to remember the first song of the early morning [♪Freely, Freely♪] another took its place. ♪Sing, sing a song♪


Initially thinking it far too simple to even consider, I am now embracing it. Wholeheartedly. ♪Sing out loud Sing out strong Sing of good things not bad Sing of happy not sad♪


Lord God, I am learning that often simple is much better than complex. And so much easier! ♪Sing, sing a song Make it simple to last Your whole life long Don’t worry that it’s not Good enough for anyone Else to hear Just sing, sing a song♪


Blessed Father, I like the ways You guide my thinking. And singing. Directing me toward the simpler things.


♪Sing, sing a song Let the world sing along Sing [Look! Here’s the smile I’ve been waiting to experience!] of love there could be Sing for you and for me♪


Dear Lord, I desperately want to sing of You this day. Your love for each of us. Guide. Direct. Empower. And enable me in singing all that You would have me sing this day.


Your love. Your Truth. The strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Every piece of Your whole armor (vs. 11-18) that we will be able to ‘stay alert and be persistent in our prayers for all Christians everywhere.’


Thank You God. This is not what I had expected to be saying [or singing] to You this morning. Use it all for Your good and Your glory. I want to glorify and enjoy You as You alone know is best. Laughing and singing as we go.


Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(289 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment