Sunday, January 16, 2022

managing expectations

 Sunday, January 16, 2022 (5:46 a.m.)

♪Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel♪


These words Father. This song [♪O Come, O Come…♪]. What would it be like to have our spirits cheered? The gloomy cloud of night dispersed. Death’s dark shadows put to flight.


I confess to You the simplicity with which I long to live each day. Treating people the way I want to be treated.


And here’s the word! The one I only thought. Expecting.


Dearest God, I’m asking You to teach me to manage my expectations. I honestly don’t know how to hope and want without expecting. Teach me please.


“Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life” (Proverbs 13:12 New Living Translation). Another interpretation says “when dreams come true, there is life and joy.”


Searching the internet I find much concerning the differences between hopes and expectations. Relevant Magazine encourages staying focused on Who You are, what You’ve said, all You’ve promised and are doing.


“Let’s expect His goodness, His faithfulness, His provision, and His perfect timing. Let’s expect Him to work all things together for our good [Romans 8:28] and then let’s step back and do exactly that!”


Yes, please God. Let me learn to fully trust and rely on You in managing my expectations.


“O Lord, our God, no one can compare with You. Such wonderful works and miracles are all found with You! And You think of us all the time with Your countless expressions of love - far exceeding our expectations!” (The Passion Translation Psalm 40:5).


Singing and asking again that You will align my wants with Your provisions. Truly Lord, I long to ♪Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel [God with us] Shall come to thee, O Israel!♪


Use me this day. Exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(309 words ~ 7:45 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment