Monday, January 10, 2022

The Blessing

 Monday, January 10, 2022 (6:25 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You! You provided me the words needed to identify the snippet of music rambling around in my head these past few days.


Holding little hope of ever identifying the song, You provided exactly all that was needed. ♪… and your children and their children and their children…♪


Lord God, how I thank You for the twists and turns my thinking takes me. Often at breakneck speeds!


One minute I learning about and singing ♪The Blessing♪ and the next I’m thanking You that ♪All I have needed Thy hand hath provided Great Is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me!♪


Father, You bless us and keep us. You make Your face shine upon us And are gracious to us (Numbers 6:24-25). We are so incredibly blessed to be loved by You.


This morning I am asking You to guide and direct me. I confess to feeling scattered. Unable. Having slipped back down the chute of past habits. I look to You for the ladder that will again enable me to accomplish what it is You have for me Lord.


God, I love You. I need You. And I ask You to work in me as only You can.


Having provided me with the words to search and the internet to find I get to learn of the association between Psalm 67 and Aaron’s blessing to the people of Israel (Numbers 6:24-26). Thank You Lord for blessing me in so many unexpected ways.


Reading all of Psalm 67 in various translations, I come back to the simplicity of The Message. Here I ask You to align us with Your teachings Dearest God.


“God, mark us with grace and blessing! Smile! The whole country will see You work, all the godless nations see how You save. God! Let people thank and enjoy You. Let all people thank and enjoy You. Let all far-flung people become happy and shout their happiness because You judge them fair and square, You tend the far-flung peoples. God! Let people thank and enjoy You. Let all people thank and enjoy You. Earth, display Your exuberance! You mark us with blessing, O God, our God. You mark us with blessing, O God. Earth’s four corners - honor Him!”


Yes please. Honor You! Teach. Empower. Enable. Do all You must in bringing us back to the freedom and joy You have provided.


I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You to embolden me in living this day as You know is best.


Guide and direct me as I go forth singing ♪May His favor be upon you And a thousand generations And your family and your children And their children, and their children May His presence go before you And behind you, and beside you All around you, and within you He is with you, He is with you In the morning, in the evening In your coming, and your going In your weeping, and rejoicing He is for you, He is for you… Amen, amen, amen… He is for you…♪


Yes Dearest God. Use me this day. Living in and representing well Your Truth!! Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(540 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment