Monday, January 24, 2022

free and fun

 Monday, January 24, 2022 (6:55 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! Praise You. Worship and adore You!


When is the last time I woke up smiling? Even before singing. The dreams were great. Freeing, fun and I was aware of Your presence while still in them. Thank You Lord. Praise You indeed.


Father, feeling this free and fun at this very moment is truly a gift from You. Acknowledging Your command of my memory is truly delighting me.


Allowing death to be addressed and joyfully embraced was such a brand new concept for me. There wasn’t fear. Or sadness. No, Lord, the overall experience was joy. Absolute, true joy.


I am asking You to teach me to live this day with that freedom from fear. Silly as it seems the song that keeps singing to me this morning is the theme from the Love Boat.


Taking time to look at the lyrics I see Your Truth in them. A statement of fact. Followed by an invitation. An accurate description. And more Truth.


♪Love, exciting and new Come aboard, we’re expecting you Love, life’s sweetest reward Let it flow, it floats back to you♪ There’s a promise of something for everyone. With adventure in the offing.


Lord God, I am in no way attempting to minimize You greatness. Quite the contrary. I want others to see the simplicity of accepting You at Your Word.


Your love ♪won’t hurt anymore It’s an open smile On a friendly shore♪


Father, I confess to often getting caught in the trap of trying to keep myself safe. From hurt and disappointment. Thank You that You have a much better plan!


Purposely turning to Jeremiah 29:11 in the International Children’s Bible I allow myself to once again open up to trusting You. “I [the LORD Almighty, the God of Israel] say this because I know what I have planned for you… I have good plans for you. I don’t plan to hurt you. I plan to give you hope and a good future. Then you will call My name. You will come to Me and pray to Me. And I will listen to you. You will search for Me. And when you search for Me with all your heart, you will find Me!” (vs. 11-13).


It happens Lord! Quite unexpectedly. Even in a dream about one’s long deceased parents. Who both appear to be present in our everyday comings and goings. There You were. Orchestrating it all.


Here I ask You to use me exactly as You know is best. Glorifying and enjoying You to the fullest. Being free and having fun. Every step of the day.


I love You. I need You. I want You. Thank You for reminding me that the plan is Yours. Do all You must in using me to share Your perfect love.


That love which is described in The Message (1 John 4:17-18) thusly, “God is love. When we take up permanent residence [♪Come aboard, we’re expecting You♪] in a life of love, we live in God [♪The Love Boat♪] and God lives in us. This way, love has the run of the house, becomes at home and mature in us, so that we’re free from worry on Judgment Day - our standing in the world is identical with Christ’s. There is no room in love for fear. Well-formed love banishes fear. Since fear is crippling, a fearful life - fear of death, fear of judgment - is one not yet fully formed in love.”


You gave me all this Truth in a dream. Thank You Father. Amen.


(602 words  ~ 8:38 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment