Sunday, January 30, 2022

loving God

 Sunday, January 30, 2022 (6:39 a.m.)

Blessed Holy God,


I love You!

(7:19 a.m.)


Thank You that I do. Thank You that there is so much written in Your Word about loving You. I’m asking You to lead and guide me in applying Your love this day.


Beginning with Deuteronomy 6:5. “Love GOD, your God, with your whole heart: love Him with all that’s in you, love Him with all You’ve got!” Oh that I would, Dear Lord.


Turning to chapter 30 verse 20 we are commanded to “Love the Lord your God and obey His voice. Hold on to Him. For He is your life, and by Him your days will be long.” Love You. Obey Your voice. Hold on to You. Yes please!


Many of the psalms sing of loving You. Various prophets wrote of it. Expecting to read more of the many things the apostle John shared about Your love (1 John 4:7-21) I’m surprised to stop at 2 Corinthians 5:14.


“Whatever we do, it is because Christ’s love controls us. Since we believe that Christ died for everyone, we also believe that we have died to the old life we used to live” (New Living Translation). Yes! Your love controls. Thank You God.


Paul wrote of Christ’s love fueling passion and holding tightly those He loves. The Passion Translation footnote explains, “Paul uses the Greek word synechō (syn = ‘together with’, echō is where we get our English word echo), which is translated as ‘seize,’ ‘compel,’ ‘urge,’ ‘control,’ ‘lay hold of,’ ‘overwhelm,’ ‘to be held together,’ ‘to grip tightly,’ ‘completely dominate.’ Paul is stating that the motivating passion of his life is Christ’s love filling his heart, leaving him no choice but to surrender everything to God…”


Again, I add, “Yes please!”


Compel me to live and love for You today. I love You. And I want it to be known to others. Thank You. Praise You. Use me as You know is best. Amen.


(336 words ~ 8:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment