Friday, January 7, 2022

"prayer and God's Word"

 Friday, January 7, 2022 (5:43 a.m.)

Holy God,


So many thoughts. I ask You to corral them for me.


And You do! Thank You, God. Yes. I ask. And You guide.


Reading “prayer and God's Word” I am reminded of Your presence and power. Thank You Lord. You don’t leave us alone in the swamp that can often be our thinking (Psalm 40:2). The more I read, the deeper hope grows.


Father God, I confess to far too often attempting to effect change through my own strength and power. It’s when I remember to turn back and look that I realize how far off Your path I’ve strayed. That’s when I again begin to smile and sing.


♪O soul, are you weary and troubled? No light in the darkness you see? There’s light for a look at the Savior, And life more abundant and free! Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face; And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace.♪


This morning I look again to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7). Wanting to accomplish what it is YOU deem necessary for this day. To love as You would have me love. You. Others. And myself. With all my heart. Soul. Mind. And strength (Mark 12:30-31).


Continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me that I will truly come to know You as the great, glorious, good, gracious God that You are. Dress me in the armor I need to withstand all that this world offers us (Ephesians 6:14-17).


“LORD, help me control my tongue [set a guard on my mouth], help me be careful about what I say [keep watch on the door of my mouth” (Psalm 141:3 Expanded Bible).


It is never my own thinking, strength or power that will win out over evil. It is only through prayer and the Truth of Your Word that we will be able to stand up against every trial, test or temptation (1 Corinthians 10:13) that comes our way.


Thank You Father. Thank You for loving us so much (John 3:16). Use me this day. Exactly as You alone know is best. I want to serve You. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(389 words ~ 7:12 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment