Sunday, January 16, 2022

rejoicing and praising God

Saturday, January 15, 2022 (4:53 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You! Waking with a song I actually believed to be from You this morning. I recognized and embraced it immediately. Thank You Blessed God.


♪O Come, O Come, Emmanuel And ransom captive Israel♪ 

(7:00 a.m.)


Reading [in Isaiah The Book of Immanuel (Chapters 7-12)]. Singing [the song above]. Reading about singing [the origin of the song]. And then? Resting.


Father, thank You for Your Word. Thank You for loving us so much that You sent us Your Word in the flesh (John 1:14). Saying [or singing] just one thing to You opens the floodgates to all the thoughts rambling around inside.


I want immediately to thank. Praise. Confess. Request. Adore. Learn. Obey.


One word [floodgates] leads to another song [♪To God Be the Glory♪] and another word [life-gate]. The next thing I know I’m bouncing from one refrain to the other. Singing of rejoicing and praising You.


God, it is You I long to follow and glorify this day. My mind is excited and eager as I consider all that is involved in walking with You. 


I am asking You to fully equip and enable me in loving as You would have me love. You. Others. And myself. With all my heart. Soul. Mind. And strength (Mark 12:30-31).


Do all You must Dear Lord. In. With. By. Through. And for me.


I confess to You my current inability to properly pack away our Christmas decorations. It seems such a small affair in light of an impending tsunami, ice storms and ever changing health concerns.


Guide. Direct. Empower. And enable me I pray. To Your good and glorious end.


No comments:

Post a Comment