Sunday, January 23, 2022

spinning

Saturday, January 22, 2022 (6:32 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You! You did it again. Yesterday when I felt sad and afraid, You kept me balanced. Upright. Enough so that I am now looking at You as a gyroscope.


Lead me in my seeking and finding Dear Lord. Listening to the wind howl outside I initially likened my thoughts and emotions to that of a spinning top. Whipping around, out of my control.


Then came the idea of a gyroscope. Anticipating others to have made this same correlation, I turned again to searching the internet. Thank You God! I find much about spinning.


References to Your Word and the importance of depending on Your Truth speak deep into my being. Habakkuk 3:19, “The Sovereign LORD is my strength! He will make me as surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains.”


Mm, yes Dearest God. You keep me centered on You.


Reading another’s [Johnny Almond] writing of “wheels within wheels, like a gyroscope” (Ezekiel 1:16 The Message) my thoughts expand. His ending impression here provides deep consideration.


“One day the universe will come full circle - restored to pristine beauty. Until then count on My Spirit to guide you, My power to stabilize you, My love to encompass you, and My Presence to encircle you. You could never find a better gyroscope for your soul.”


Oh, amen Dear Lord! Amen to Your Truth. Your promises. Your teaching.


Coming to You with the hope of my heart firmly based on the Truth of Your Word, allows me to sing freely of Your love. ♪One Thing Remains… Your love never fails, and never gives up It never runs out on me♪


Reading a little more about spinning and gyroscopes, an antidote for motion sickness is suggested. Staring at a fixed point on the horizon can often align our eyes and our brain.


Immediately I start singing ♪Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, Look full in His wonderful face; And the things of earth will grow strangely dim In the light of His glory and grace♪


Thank You God that You are our fixed point. Though our world may seemingly be spinning out of control, You have us exactly where You know is best. Do all You must in, with, by, through and for us. Keeping us perfectly centered and balanced in You.


Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(401 words ~ 9:40 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment