Thursday, January 6, 2022

smile of contentment

 Thursday, January 6, 2022 (5:58 a.m.)

Thank You God,


It’s been quite sometime since I opened with thanking You. Thank You for changing my heart and my thinking. Look! There’s even a smile of contentment. Representing the absolute joy I am experiencing at the moment.


Thank You God. Ephesians 5:15-20. Living by the Spirit’s Power. That’s exactly from where this smile stems.


There is gorgeous color in the sky out there right now. Catch in my throat kind of beauty! Thank You God.


I confess to the subliminal fretting that has been taking place within me these past several days. Thank You that You never leave us nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:6, Hebrews 13:5).


You never cease to amaze me Father. Taking these many days to come back to a wholehearted and genuine “Thank You!” has allowed me to twist and squirm with various thoughts. Thank You that Your Word does not change (Isaiah 40:8).


♪Your Love Never Fails♪ Even this is interesting. Turning to the lyrics of one song, I discover I’m actually singing another. Both from the same worship group. Jesus Culture.


Father, thank You for the hearts and talents of others that help bring so many to You. ♪Your love never fails It never gives up It never runs out on me… Because on and on, and on, and on it goes Before it overwhelms and satisfies my soul♪


THAT’s exactly what this smile of contentment represents! Soul satisfaction! Why? ♪Cause One Thing Remains Yes, one thing remains Your love never fails…♪


Oh yes Dearest God! It’s Your love that never fails. It never gives up. It never runs out on me. Teach, empower, enable me to live out the lessons taught here in Your Word.


Make me alert (1 Thessalonians 5:6). Living in the light. Thinking clearly. Protected by the body armor of faith and love [see: Ephesians 6:10-18]. “Wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation” (v. 8).


It is in YOU that we are protected. Our hearts and minds are changed in remembrance of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection. Let me use well His sacrifice on my behalf this day.


Smiling contentedly. Singing robustly. Standing firmly. And staying my mind on the Truth and promises of Your living/loving Word.


How I thank, praise and ask You to do all You must that I would live this day the way You want me to live. Spelled out by Your apostle Paul in his “final good advice” to the believers in Thessalonica (5:12-19). There is so much to learn and put into practice.


I love You Lord. Be glorified. In my thoughts, words and deeds. ‘Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in my heart and make me wise. Using His words to teach and counsel each other. Singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever I do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through Him to God the Father’ (Colossians 3:16-17).


Oh let me not even stop there Dearest God. Going all the way back to verse one, let me set my sights on the realities of heaven and all that stems from there. Lord, You have so much work to do in, with, by, through and for me. Make me pliable and malleable to Your good end.


Thank You. Praise You. Use me as You know is best. Amen.


(589 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment