Sunday, January 9, 2022

Psalm 25:1

 Sunday, January 9, 2022 (7:48 a.m.)

♪Unto Thee, O Lord…♪


Here’s a surprising twist for me. All these years of singing this seemingly simple song I realize I’ve been using a word that’s different than the lyric.


Thank You for the opportunity to continue learning. Often singing ♪afraid♪ instead of ♪ashamed♪ I ask You now to guide me into Your Truth. Identifying my mistake, I’m eager to learn more of this poetic song (Psalm 25) of David.


Described in a Footnote of The Passion Translation as “bringing pure worship before God” while “speak[ing] of our confidence to worship God” I am excited of all You offer us Dear Lord.


Still reading the footnote, where You are referred to as “our Hero-God” I smile while considering the trust and hope we have in You Dear Lord. Other translations have David not only lifting his soul, but offering his life (Common English Bible). His inner being. His heart. Trust. Prayer. Giving himself.


It seemed such a simple song when I started singing it hours ago. The depth of exploration these first two verses have taken me again leave me smiling. Wonderingly. And strangely contented. Both at the same time.


Illustrated Bible Handbook deems “This appeal for help is also an expression of trust.” Thank You for David’s example Dear God. He trusted You.


He wanted not to be ashamed. Confounded. Disgraced. Disappointed. Humiliated. Defeated. That’s different than the fear of which I’ve sung in the past.


Keep teaching me Lord. I want to live this day confidently. Much like David sang.


♪Unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul… O my God, I trust in Thee, Let me not be ashamed, let not my enemies triumph over me♪


Oh how I love and trust You Dear Lord. Use me exactly as You know is best. Unashamed. Confident. Trusting You all the way. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(320 words ~ 9:08 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment