Tuesday, January 11, 2022

“[pause, and calmly think of that]!”

 Tuesday, January 11, 2022 (6:44 a.m.)


♪On Christ, The Solid Rock, I stand; All other ground is sinking sand♪


That’s what it took for me to actually say something of value to You this morning Lord. I sat. Thought. Looked. Read. Wanted. And finally? Sang. Then smiled.


Dearest God, encompass me as I go into this day. Truly not knowing which direction to take, I know only that I want to be with You. Walking. Talking. Thanking. Praising.


I confess to not being “there” yet. Thoughts and feelings keep getting in my way. Thank You Father that we get to be this honest with You.


As I consider walking and talking with You, ♪In the Garden♪ immediately starts singing itself to me. Tears fill my eyes and begin rolling down my cheeks as I consider all that is going on in the world around us.


Back and forth goes my mind. Thank You that Your Word of Truth and promises keeps me from edging too near the drain.


Yes, Lord. It’s so very easy to get caught up in the news of this world. Thank You that we have You to turn our focus.


Searching Your Word for the hope we need to continue our walk with You, the word Selah intrigues me. Amplified Bible, Classic Edition presents its meaning as “[pause, and calmly think of that]!”


Thank You Father. Praise You God!


Reading. Singing. Turning pages. Reading and singing some more. Truly finding myself pausing and calmly thinking of all You offer us. Thank You that there is no end of Your goodness.


It’s to Psalm 89 I continue returning. “I will sing of the tender mercies of the LORD forever!” (v.1) sets my heart to singing ♪… With my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness to all generations.♪


Thank You for this opportunity and privilege of learning and trusting You more Dear God. Illustrated Bible HandbookPsalm 89. This praise psalm magnifies God’s faithfulness (1-8). His rule (9-13), and His righteousness (14-18)… This messianic psalm is quoted in Acts 2:30.”


Turning there I’m drawn to verses 25-28. Peter quoting a psalm of David (16:8-11). “I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me. No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts His praises! My body rests in hope.”


Lord God, this all comes together as we “pause, and think calmly of that!” I turn to You and am drawn to read and learn more about Faith and Feelings. As well as “Thoughts, Feelings and Behaviors.”


Guide and direct my focus this day Dear God. Continue leading and guiding me to fully esteeming and revering You as You so rightly deserve. Pausing and calmly thinking of You. Your Truth. And promises.


I love You Father. I want to glorify and enjoy You this day. And always. Teach. Guide. Direct. And empower me to this end. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(499 words ~ 8:37 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment