Wednesday, January 5, 2022

coming before

 Monday, January 3, 2021 (6:52 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You. Again. Often. Regularly. Reluctantly. Yes, Lord. As good, kind and generous as You always are I still hesitate before coming to You with thanksgiving in my heart (Psalm 100:4a).

(11:41 a.m.)


And entering Your courts with praise (v.4b). Singing ♪This Is the Day that the Lord has made… I will rejoice for He has made me glad♪ (Psalm 118:24).


Holy, Blessed God, how truly I do thank You. Especially when it seems to take so much effort.


Talk with me regarding my heart and thoughts Dear Lord. One moment I am over the top excited by all You are and do. And the next? I have a complete “meh” [so-so] attitude. Forgive me Father, I pray. You deserve absolute first place in every single aspect of my being.


Thank You for the love that You have provided me. Yours toward myself and others which allows us to in turn love You, one another and ourselves. Teach us more of what it truly is to love as You would have us love (Mark 12:30-31; 1 Corinthians 13:4-7).


Father, I do love You. Thinking. Feeling. Singing. Smiling. Standing firm on Your Word. And staying my mind on Your goodness. All of this said to remind myself of Your greatness. Grace. And glory. Thank You Lord.


I want to offer You true worship. Not mindless rote. When I come before You I want it to be heartfelt. Not mandatory. Thank You Father that You provide us that option.


Thank You for leading me to and into Your Word of Truth and promises. Reminders all that there is no end to all You have for us.


Originally marking Psalm 95:2, then verse six as my starting points, here I am reading Psalm 103 as well. David’s wholehearted praise of You. Thank You God that Your loving forgiveness covers us all.


I come before You asking that You would get me out of Your way. Work in, with, by, through and for me that I would accomplish what it is that YOU have for me this day. Worship. Praise. Thanksgiving. Joy. Gladness.


And that I would choose to freely share all ♪Thy hand hath provided… Great Is Thy Faithfulness, Lord, unto me!♪ Mm, yes! Every single morning new mercies I see (Lamentations 3:22-23).


Do all You must Dearest Father. You do indeed know best! I love You. I need You. I want to fully esteem and revere You (Proverbs 1:7, 9:10). Use me. Thank You. Amen.

(438 words ~ 1:02 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment