Wednesday, January 12, 2022

resist/embrace

Wednesday, January 12, 2022 (5:36 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


Thank You. Thank You. Thank You!


You blessed me with hope and joy during the night. Two words [resist/embrace] came to mind. Followed by a wash of Your peace.


In that moment, I was again reminded of the choices You provide us. Oh! I just remembered. There was a third word. “Shift.”


Yes. It was that shift from resisting a certain idea, to fully embracing it, that led me to experiencing the peace, hope and joy that followed. Thank You Father for the constant reminders we have of Your goodness.


Searching the internet to read and learn more about resisting and embracing, I find so many helpful options. Two of the best encourage me to (1.) resist expectations by embracing desire and (2.) turn to the Truth of Your Word. In this instance, Philippians 1:6.


Mm. The Passion Translation. Another reminder of our conversation during the very early morning hour. Your prompting me to remember that I am fearfully and wonderfully made by You (Psalm 139:14).


Holy God, how deeply I thank You for Your Truth. It was during our pre-dawn time together that I was truly aware of [though not sure where to find] Paul’s encouraging words to the Philippian believers.


I pray with great faith for you, because I’m fully convinced that the One who began this gracious work in you will faithfully continue the process of maturing you until the unveiling of our Lord Jesus Christ!”


Thank You God. Praise You Lord. You are creating these changes in me. Allowing me to emerge into being all You had originally designed.


Use these shifts to Your good and Your glory. I love You. I want to serve You as only You know is best. Do all You must. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(300 words ~ 7:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment