Friday, January 14, 2022

simple courtesy

Thursday, January 13, 2022 (5:29 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You.


I thought of starting off by complaining. Saying “thank You” is better. Work with me on this, will You please?


Mm, yes. Sometimes I need to practice “please” and “thank You”!


Here I am searching Your Word. Wanting to learn more about the simplest of courtesies. Mm, yes again. Simple courtesies.


Father God, I ask You to talk with me this morning about my own practice in simply being courteous. Your Word says a lot about it.


Leviticus 19:32 - show respect for elders

Proverbs 15:1 - use kind words

Matthew 7:12 - do for others

Philippians 2:3 - be humble

         4:8 -  think about what is praiseworthy

Colossians 4:6 - always say good things

1 Peter 3:18 - love one another

    2:17 - show respect for everyone

Titus 3:2 - be gentle


Maybe it doesn’t seem so simple after all. Yet I know I want to try. Living this day being kind in a world of unkindness. Courteous in a time of such discourtesy.


It’s one of those “I can’t. You can. I’ll let You” situations. Do all You must in shaping me into the grateful woman You would have me be.


The one who has stood in awe of this morning’s sunrise for over an hour. Lord God, what beauty keeps unfolding! Thank You. Praise You.


Season my speech this day. Teach me to draw close to You. Being patient with difficult people.


It’s Jesus’ example I long to follow. Not that of this world. Again, it’s a tall order. One that only You can fill in, with, by, through and for me.


I love You God. I thank You. And I ask You to use me in being simply courteous this day. Please. Thank You. Amen.

(298 words ~ 7:06 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment