Sunday, January 9, 2022

turning to the Lord

 Saturday, January 8, 2022 (7:41 a.m.)

Holy God,


I look to You Dear Lord. And am immediately blessed by the peace of Your presence. 2 Corinthians 3:16. “But the moment one turns to the Lord with an open heart, the veil is lifted and they see.”


Turning to You I am seeking better understanding of what I read here in Your Word. Stated in a comment in The Life Recovery Bible3:17-18… This glory [of the new covenant] shines through the lives of all who trust Jesus Christ and pursue true recovery in the power of the Holy Spirit. The further we progress in our relationship with God, the more visible God’s glory becomes in our life.”


Here’s even more. Illustrated Bible Handbook. Contrasting the fading glory that Moses hid behind a veil with that of Your transforming work in the lives of Your believers. “Chapter 3. Transparency… Paul says that Christians, ‘not like Moses,’ can remove the veils that hide us from others. We do so because we know that God’s Spirit is at work within us, and ‘we are being transformed into His likeness with ever increasing splendor, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit’ (18).”


I look. I read. I search for understanding of these profound teachings. “The point is that transparency, an honest sharing of our lives with others, is the best way to ‘reflect the Lord’s glory’ (18). Others will not see Jesus in our facades of perfection. It is the process of transformation that witnesses to the Lord.”


As I continue reading and wanting to know more, I pray while agreeing that ‘we are being transformed into Your likeness with ever increasing splendor, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit (18).’ Yes Father, I want Your Spirit working in me.


No comments:

Post a Comment