Wednesday, January 26, 2022

God's favor

 Wednesday, January 26, 2022 (6:25 a.m.)


♪And your children And their children, and their children…♪


Holy God,


Thank You that we get to sing Your Truth in so many ways. Enough so that we continue learning the many things Your Word teaches.


Right now? Your favor.


Searching details for the origin of this song [♪The Blessing♪] again I am amazed by You. Written by a married couple and their worship team at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. Father, thank You for the various ways You sing Your blessings into our being.


Originating from Numbers 6:24-26, this benediction “is a generational prayer God gave to Moses in which the Hebrews ask for His divine favor” (songfacts.com). I want to know more about Your favor, Lord.


And right this second, I’m about to laugh straight out loud! You really just crack me up. Thank You God. Thank You God. Thank You God.


In my awake time during much of the night, my thoughts kept going to Your promise of joy coming in the morning [which turns out to be Psalm 30:5b]. Having forgotten all about it, thank You for the delight of being reminded of Your presence with me then and now.


Reading about Your favor - oh, now this is really blowing my mind! Talk about being eager and excited to tell [AGOG] with You...


An e-article entitled “Walking in the Favor of God” [which had me turning to Psalm 30:5 in the first place] was actually written by Stephen Furtick. He’s lead pastor of Elevation who was singing Moses’ priestly blessing which is the basis of ♪The Blessing♪ that “poured out rather quickly.”


Holy God, I get so easily caught in the trap of my own thinking. Thank You for freeing me with Your Truth.


Quoting here an entire paragraph from the article. “God’s favor is the guarantee of His presence and the provision of His power to accomplish His special purpose in and through your life. It’s intended not for your convenience, but for His purpose, and it doesn’t mean your life is going to get any easier. In fact, it almost certainly guarantees that your life is going to get harder.”


Quite snarkily I respond, “THAT’s encouraging!” And immediately thank You for the privilege of being this honest with You.


Reading further, my head continues nodding in agreement. Lord God, thank You for Your favor that lasts a lifetime (Psalm 30:5a New Living Translation). Thank You for every opportunity we have of singing our praise to You.


Father, I ask You to use me exactly as You know is best. Readily. Obediently. Purposefully.


Do all You must that I will truly “Sing to the LORD, all you godly ones! Praise His holy name. For His anger lasts only a moment, but His favor lasts a lifetime! Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning” (Psalm 30:4-5).


God, I love You. I need You. And I want You to lead, guide, direct, and accompany me every aspect of this day. Emboldening and empowering me as we go.


♪In the morning, in the evening In [my] coming, and [my] going In [my] weeping and rejoicing He is for you, He is for you… May His favor be upon you And a thousand generations And your family and your children And their children, And their children♪


You are great. Glorious. Good. Gracious. And so very much more.


Continue working in, with, by, through and for me. Thank You Father. Praise You. Amen.

(587 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment