Wednesday, January 5, 2022

missed opportunity

 Wednesday, January 5, 2022 (6:12 a.m.)

Most Holy God,


I missed an opportunity to pray yesterday. It was right there in front of me. And I missed it completely. Father I am asking You for another chance to right a huge wrong.


Opinions differed. Chaos ensued. And instead of helping, I hindered. Why? I absolutely forgot to pray. Confused by the crisis taking place in front of me I tried in my own strength and power to set it straight.


Forgive me Father. Hours after the fact I felt myself settle. Calm. It’s only now that I realized all would have been better served had I remembered to pray.


Trapped in such a battle of wills [and “won’t”s] I tried desperately to interject sense into the insanity. Succeeding only in escalating the problem. Oh how I ask You now to intercede for next time.


Lord God, I want to be better prepared. My own strength and power will never suffice. Yet that’s my go to. Relying on my own common sense to figure my way out.


ARGH! You are so much bigger than every single issue we will ever face. And still I feebly attempt to calm storms. Thank You for reminding me. YOU are God! I am not.


Zechariah 4:6, 10.

(8:12 a.m.)


Reading. Hoping. Wanting. Asking You to intervene. Father, You are everything we need. You know exactly what and when and how You would have us come before You. Remind me readily. Dropping my attempts at wisdom and fully embracing Yours instead.


The Message. Proverbs 3:5-12, “Trust GOD from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for GOD’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He’s the One who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to GOD! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor GOD with everything you own; give Him the first and the best. Your barns will burst, your vats will brim over. But don’t, dear friend, resent GOD’s discipline; don’t sulk under His loving correction. It’s the child He loves that GOD corrects; a father’s delight is behind all this.”


Oh how I want to trust You first Dearest God! NOT my own understanding. In ALL my ways acknowledging You. That You will truly direct my path.


Thank You that we get to come to You. Always. Even when we forget. Forgive me. Repair us.


Standing also on Your message of encouragement to Zechariah for his disheartened people, I thank You Lord. Quoting a comment (4:6-10) from The Life Recovery Bible I ask You to continue building us God.


Your people “needed to remember that success was not the result of human strength or ingenuity but a fruit of the Holy Spirit’s power.” Too often I forget this Truth, Father.


How I ask You to continue Your work in each of us. Bringing us safely into Your fold. “Once you were wandering like lost sheep. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls” (1 Peter 2:25).


Most Dear and Blessed God, I thank You for the way Your Word crosses the eons to speak Your Truth into our present time. Long before Jesus’ birth, Your prophet Isaiah (Chapters 52 and 53) told of His expected coming. And His sacrificial death on our behalf.


All Your Truth went straight out of my mind when confronted with another’s distress. Continue building me Lord, to withstand hurtful, hateful words spoken in torment.


I love You Father. I long to serve You. Keep me close to Your will. Adhering firmly to Your way. Use me as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(639 words ~ 9:09 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment