Sunday, January 23, 2022

seeking to listen

 Sunday, January 23, 2022 ( 7:12 a.m.)

Holy God,


There’s another song. I have a few notes and I don’t know where it goes from there.


And just like that [snap] You supplied what I needed! Thank You God.


♪Find me here at Your feet again Everything I am, reaching out, I surrender… My heart beating, my soul breathing I found my life when I laid it down Upward failing, spirit soaring I Touch The Sky when my knees hit the ground♪


Oh, thank You Lord! I tried on my own. Asking another. Humming. Searching. Guessing. Trying some more. And then? I brought it to You.


Father, at this very moment I am excited and eager to tell [agog]! Having spent many of the late night and early morning hours rehearsing with You my flaws and failings You provided me this powerful song. Deep within my soul. Practically inaudible.


With only a few discernible notes and finally seeking Your help, again You fulfilled my desire. Thank You Lord.


Searching, finding and reading about the song’s origin, one Hillsong band member stated, “We wanted to create songs that first seek to listen, then speak the good news of Jesus and His grace into the dichotomy [conflict], tension and hopeful-collision of this broken and fragile world we see here and now, and the unshakeable and mysterious reality of the Kingdom we can’t see.”


Thank You for the many ways You speak to us. Often singing Your Truth through others. ♪Come sweep me up in Your love again And my soul will dance On the wings of forever♪

Oh dear Lord, it is when I listen to You that my soul dances. Do all You must to keep me listening to and obeying Your voice. Your Truth. Your promises.


♪Find me here at Your feet again♪ It’s where I want to stay. Listening. Hearing. Surrendered. Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.

(322 words ~ 8:20 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment