Friday, January 28, 2022

♪Wildfire♪

 Thursday, January 27, 2022 (5:54 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You! Easy sleep. Uncomfortable dream. More sleep. Oh! And a song.


Again, I tried avoiding the chorus. As far as I was concerned it made no sense to me. Then I decided to accept it. Asking You to speak to me through it.


That’s what I’m doing right now. Asking You to speak to me. Please guide and direct me in what nugget of Your Truth ♪Wildfire♪ might hold for me.

(6:51 a.m.)


Reading the origin of Michael Martin Murphey’s 1975 version, I dig deeper. Learning of a contemporary Christian song released last year that sings “about hope in God amidst challenges in life.” Amen to that dear Lord!


Keeping leading me please.


The decades old rendition was described in 2007 by David Letterman as “haunting and disturbingly mysterious, but always lovely and melancholy.” I’m confessing to You right here I’ve always called it “just dumb.”


As I asked earlier, keeping working in me Lord. The newfound appreciation I have for it has only recently begun forming.


With Native American folklore at its roots, “Murphey was open about his deep Christian beliefs.” Noting ‘the Book of Revelations in the Bible speaking of Jesus coming back on a white horse, says it can be viewed as a religious allegory. The lost white horse, Wildfire, can be seen as a symbol for the Savior.’


As I prepare to be introduced to Kevin Quinn’s pop song and music video, I’m asking once more for Your presence here with me. Thank You for this opportunity to explore what has been described as an encouragement for “listeners to keep the fire of hope burning inside despite the despair of the world.”


Oh, how we need Your hope Blessed God!

(7:51 a.m.)


Wow! Thank You. Praise You. Asking You to keep singing to me. Especially songs that I don’t know. Music that sings Your Truth.


♪There’s a Wildfire in my heart And it’s brightest in the dark You’re the One that made it start Your Love, it burns like a light♪

(11:53 a.m.)


Never ceasing to amaze me, You sing Your Truth to me in the most unexpected ways. Thank You. Thank You God.


Reading the new-to-me lyrics my smile is huge. Words speak of the sky crying. Searching and finding. Pleasure in pain. Dancing in rain.


♪Even, even if I’m broken I still keep my hope in The One who holds me close… When my trust in the world Is fading When there’s nowhere to turn to You save me… There’s a wildfire in my heart♪


Thank You God. Do all You must in keeping my heart burning for You. I Love You. I thank and praise You. Amen.

(463 words ~ 12:47 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment