Wednesday, January 19, 2022

choosing the next right thing

 Wednesday, January 19, 2022 (5:19 a.m.)

(7:05 a.m.)

How about now?


Earlier I wasn’t yet ready to say, “Thank You, God.” I wonder if I’m pretending now. No. It’s real. I am truly grateful to You Lord.


Sifting through quite a few surface emotions, I finally find a smile. One tiny little twinge of optimism. Hope.


It never fails. Actually, YOU never fail! We [or is it just me?] can often feel the hurts of the world. Become disheartened. Discouraged. Downcast.


And right here I have a choice. In reality, we always have a choice. At this moment? I choose You. Your Word of Truth and promises.


See? I make the decision to say [and mean], “Thank You, God” and the ball gets rolling. Sitting. Avoiding. Wanting nothing more than to make sense out of insanity. So much going on in the world over which I have no control.


Waiting for a glimmer of hope and a decision to turn my thoughts back to You. Searching for Your direction. Digging in. And finally finding!


Thank You Father! Galatians 6:9. Revised Standard Version “And let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart.”


All truth be told Dear Lord, I keep losing heart. I’ve heard myself confess to others of not having my heart in quite a few things recently. This morning I knew it was time to confess it to You.


Thank You God that You don’t give up on us. You continue calling to us. Inviting us always to turn from our indifference (Revelation 3:19). You are ‘the One who corrects and disciplines everyone You love.’


Thank You Dearest Dad. We get to choose to come to You exactly as we are and You do all the necessary work. In. With. By. Through. And for us.


Matthew 11:28-30, “The Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke fits perfectly, and the burden I give you is light.’”


Oh yes! All this Truth because I was finally able to choose to utter an honest, “Thank You, God.”


Father, I’m asking You to lead and guide me this day. Empower and enable me in choosing the next right thing. I love You. I need You. I want You. Do all You must in righting me to Your will and to Your way. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(445 words ~ 8:19 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment