Tuesday, January 25, 2022

grinning again

 Tuesday, January 25, 2022 (6:46 a.m.)

Wild donkeys!


That’s what it took for me to smile just now. I remembered seeing some yesterday and the grin again took over.

(7:44 a.m.)


Thank You God. Considering grinning again with You, I turn my focus to the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22).


Father, I ask You to guide me in my reading, understanding and usage of this section of Scripture. My first thought was The Passion Translation. Then? The Voice. Now, The Message.


Each has its own unique way of presenting Your Truth. Blessed God, I am seeking the strength of Your might power (Ephesians 2:10) in living Your Word this day.


A comment in The Voice announces, “Paul has been preaching about the call of God to freedom…” Mm, yes Dear Lord! “… now we are free to live in the Spirit and to be truly right with God.” Oh yes, please!


Reading further I imagine myself. “As free people, the Spirit gives us the characteristics of Jesus…” Freely loving in joy and peace. With patience, kindness and faithfulness that comes only from You our Father. Reflecting Your goodness, while being gentle and operating with self-control.


Lord God, You provide us these attributes. We can’t grow them ourselves.


“But what happens when we live God’s way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard - things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely” (The Message).


Oh Dearest God, how I long to live Your way! Reading of the actions The Passion Translation ‘has chosen to supply to these virtues’ I’m asking You to enable me in executing them.


“Divine love in all its varied expressions:


joy that overflows,


peace that subdues,


patience that endures,


kindness in action,


a life full of virtue,


faith that prevails,


gentleness of heart, and


strength of spirit.”


These are qualities I want to exhibit in my thoughts, words and deeds this day Dear Lord. Do all You must in molding and emboldening me to Your will and to Your way.


I love You Lord. I want to live this day in the power of Your love. Grinning as we go. 


Use me as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.


(428 words ~ 8:47 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment