Monday, January 17, 2022

past and present

 Monday, January 17, 2022 (5:38 a.m.)


♪Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty! Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee♪ (Revelation 4:8).


Thank You Lord that I get to come singing into Your presence. Thank You for the opportunity and privilege of reading about impactful worship songs of the past and present.


Turning to, reading in and concerning the book of Psalms, I am intrigued while learning more about its contributors and purpose. Father, how I thank You for Your continued call on us to worship and adore You.


Psalm 104:33, “I will sing to the LORD as long as I live. I will praise my God to my last breath!” No sooner read than sung! ♪I Will Sing of the Mercies of the Lord forever, I will sing, I will sing. I will sing of the mercies of the Lord forever, I will sing of the mercies of the Lord♪ (Psalm 89:1).

(7:04 a.m.)


Sitting. Looking. Wondering. Considering. Wanting. Thinking. Avoiding. Distracting. Eventually asking… Lead and guide me this day Dear Lord. In my reading. And my singing.


Immediately the tune to ♪The Blessing♪ (Numbers 6:24-26) begins. ♪… and your children And their children, and their children♪


To say You amaze me is such an understatement Dear Lord. The medley of songs with roots dating back long before Jesus bring the past right into the present.


And just like that [snap!] I’m singing ♪There is no shadow of turning with Thee [Great Is Thy Faithfulness]♪ Seeing this phrase reference James 1:17 I turn to The Passion Translation.


A footnote for this verse states clearly, “The implication is there is nothing that you will find wrong with God, nothing in Him that could even remotely appear to be evil hiding. The more you get to know Him the more you realize how beautiful and holy He is.”


You just keep communicating Your Truth to us. Through Your written Word. And songs that sing It out.


Father, use me in sharing You freely with others. You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. Loving. Kind… The list is endless. Do all You must that I will live this day glorifying and enjoying You. I love You. I thank You. I praise You. Amen.


(383 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment