Friday, May 17, 2013

♫Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah♫


Friday, May 17, 2013 (6:12 a.m.)
Most dear and heavenly Father,
Thank You. Again I say it. “Thank You!” Yesterday I wanted to cry. I recognized something inside me just wanted to cry. I thought about it. I thought about giving in to it. And instead I started singing. The only song I could think of at the time. Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah
Wouldn't You know it? The very next thing, the sadness started lifting. With every passing phrase, my heart felt lighter. And before I knew it, I was smiling. A real, genuine, honest-to-You smile. And here again, another smile. As big as You please.
I searched Your Word using 'bluebird' and immediately found only one entry. Jeremiah 8:4-7 in The Message. “[To Know Everything but God's Word] 'Tell them (the people of Judah) this, God's Message: 'Do people fall down and not get up? Or take the wrong road and then just keep going? So why does this people go backward, and just keep on going – backward! They stubbornly hold on to their illusions, refuse to change direction. I listened carefully but heard not so much as a whisper. No one expressed one word of regret. Not a single “I'm sorry” did I hear. They just kept at it, blindly and stupidly banging their head against a brick wall. Cranes know when it's time to move south for the winter. And robins, warblers, and bluebirds know when it's time to come back again. But my people? My people know nothing, not the first thing of God and His rule.'”
Father, thank You that You WANT us to know You and Your best for us. Thank You that the decision to sing the only song I could think of at the time has brought me to this section of Your Word. A section that reminds us of the importance of following Your principles for healthy living. Too often we seek solutions to our problems apart from You. We grow weary looking for meaning and truth when we don't put You first in the search.
Father, how I thank You. One simple song has opened the door to so much thought and truth this morning. From one Disney song with the mention of a bluebird to a Disney movie (The Rescuer's) with a poem stating, “Faith is a bluebird you see from afar It's for real and as sure as the first evening star You can't touch it or buy it Or wrap it up tight But it's there just the same Making things turn out right”.
Yesterday I had faith to sing. Singing that led me to smiling. Which brings me back to thanking You for the blessings You provide. Thank You Father for music and songs and bluebirds and the love You would have us share with others. Thank You for loving us so much that even when we're feeling sad we get to come into Your presence. Thank You Father. Yes. Thank You.
I love You so much. Enable me to share Your love as You would have me do this day. Thank You. Amen.
(516 words ~ 7:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment