Sunday, May 12, 2013

a mom


Mother's Day Sunday, May 12, 2013 (6:54 a.m.)
Most Holy Father,
You made me a mom. Long before I ever had kids of my own, I had a love for others that only comes from You. You provided me a heart with patience to listen and to care. Thank You Father. Thank You for all You have done in my life in making me a mom.
Thank You for the experience of truly feeling honored yesterday. I was given the opportunity to share a beautifully set table, delicious food, wonderful flowers and fun, loving conversation. I could not have asked for anything more than that.
On this, the official day set aside for honoring moms, I ask that You would truly be glorified in and through all my love, being, thoughts and deeds (Mark 12:30). You are so good Father. The perfect Model of all I want to be as a mom.
(9:02 a.m.)
Father, You just blessed me again. A phone call from my dearly loved brother, thanking me for three times in the past ten years that I have been a mom to him. His very words. And it's always been You working in and through me. Thank You Father. Thank You.
The apostle Paul said this in his letter to the believers in Thessalonica, “We weren't aloof with you. We took you as you were. We were never patronizing, never condescending, but we cared for you the way a mother cares for her children. We loved you dearly. Not content to just pass on the Message, we wanted to give you our hearts. And we did” (1Thessalonians 2:6-8 The Message).
Make me a mom like that I pray. A mom who loves as You do. Wholely. Completely. Unconditionally. You are so good and I love You so much. Thank You for loving us. Empower me to use Your love well this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(322 words ~ 9:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment