Friday, May 31, 2013

f words


Friday, May 31, 2013 (6:51 a.m.)
June Lake Loop, CA
Awesome God,
How I thank You! There are so many 'f' words this morning for which to give You praise. Found glasses. Fish. Fireside fables. Fun. Even fear – and being frozen by. Father. Ah, yes! Yours is the ULTIMATE 'f' word.
I used that other, most despicable one yesterday. Not glorifyingly. Not without much thought and consideration. I stood on a log. Swaying in the wind. Honestly frozen by fear and the word that escaped my mouth, repeatedly, was that one of which we ought not utter.
How much better to have “Father” come to mind. But it didn't. I expressed fear. Not faith. Repeatedly voiced aloud variations of, “I'm so scared.” Father, thank You for this experience. Thank You for fear. Honest to You, genuine fear. Fear that kept me in place. Fear that kept me from moving. Fear from which I can learn much.
I forgot to breathe. I thought about the importance of keeping my balance. Courage and confidence were nowhere to be found. Kind, gentle, encouraging words were effectively spoken. And finally I was sitting on a large rock, just feet from shore.
Faithful Father, I remain acutely aware of the number of f words I've used and am reading. Psalm 73 speaks of feet slipping (v.2). There's mention of a finger (12) – one was severely snagged with a fishing hook yesterday.
As I prepare to leave this time with You and our present location, Father how I ask to take this lesson of the f words with me. “My health fails, my spirits droop, yet God remains! He is the strength of my heart; He is mine forever!” (Psalm 73:26) Now that's an f word to bank on! Thank You Father.
Fuel me to use Your love and faithfulness well this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(315 words ~ 7:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment