Tuesday, May 14, 2013

good answer


Tuesday, May 14, 2013 (6:23 a.m.)
Awesome God,
What would You have me do with the mistakes I keep making? Turn to Your Word. Good answer! I was here prepared to go over the list of all the errors I've made in just the last ten hours. But turning to 2Timothy 3:14-17 changed that for me.
Holy God, how I thank You for the privilege of reading Your Word. Thank You for the variety of translations and versions I have available to me for better understanding. I get to turn in Your Word and read about mistakes. And the best part of all is that I don't have to feel ashamed.
In his final letter, Paul tells Timothy the importance of being prepared to use all the tools he would need to be an effective minister of Your gospel. He reminded him, “God has breathed life into all of Scripture. It is useful for teaching us what is true. It is useful for correcting our mistakes. It is useful for making our lives whole again. It is useful for training us to do what is right” (2Timothy 3:16).
Father, how I thank You for the sovereignty of Your Word. Thank You for it's power. Thank You for it's truth. Jesus told His followers, “You will know the truth and the truth will set you free” (John 8:32).
The Life Recovery Bible says, “The truth is this: we are slaves to sin and powerless to manage our life effectively.” True that!
Father, I come before You looking for Your good answer to what I am to do with the mistakes I keep making. I am to confess them to You. Jesus told John to tell the people of Laodicea, “I correct and discipline those whom I love. So be earnest and change your hearts and lives” (Revelation 3:19).
I'm going to take this one step further and ask You to do in and for me that which I can't do for myself. Change my heart, my attitude, my desires. Line them up to Your standard. Empower me to live this day as Your good and faithful servant.
I love You Father. Thank You for Your very good answer! Amen.
(368 words ~ 7:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment