Friday, May 31, 2013

gratitude


Thursday, May 30, 2013 (6:38 a.m.)
June Lake Loop, CA
Most Holy God,
Again I look to You with gratitude. Paul wrote to the believers at Colosse so we would know that Jesus is “the only real source of power in our life” (The Life Recovery Bible). Oh, amen and amen to that!
When I look around at such beauty and an ease with which to approach it, I am filled with wonder. Lost for words. And with that I turn to Your Word.
(7:58 a.m.)
Reading. Absorbing. Praying. Asking. Seeking. Thanking. Yes, Father, I am thanking You. One verse (Colossians 3:16) led to a whole book, which pointed to other verses and a heart overflowing with gratitude. Father, ever-so humbly I sit here aware of my imperfections and my heart's desire of serving You well.
The NIV Compact Concordance's only entry for gratitude shows, “Col 3:16 with gratitude in your hearts to God.” Oh yes Dearest Father. I have gratitude in my heart to You!
The Living Bible says, “Remember what Christ taught, and let His words enrich your lives and make you wise; teach them to each other and sing them out in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing to the Lord with thankful hearts.” Reading further, through verse 17, “And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, and come with Him into the presence of God the Father to give Him your thanks.”
This book (Colossians) speaks of Christ's power. Showing Him to be the only real source of power in our lives. How very often I forget this Blessed Father. Thank You for this opportunity to be reminded.
Holy God, this morning I ask You to work mightily in and through our relationships. YOU have the power to grow us and change us and make us into exactly all You would have us be.
I am asking. Seeking. Knocking. Begging. Pleading. Requesting that You would have Your blessed way in our hearts, our souls, our minds and our strength (Mark 12:30). Turn us into the people who would love You first and foremost with every single fiber of who and what we are.
You, Father. I want to serve You. Well! Thank You for the gratitude which has sparked this desire. I love You. I am grateful because of You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(403 words ~ 8:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment