Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The One Who Lifts My Head


Wednesday, May 8, 2013 (7:02 a.m.)
Father,
I feel weary this morning. Tired. Saddened. Not the gratefulness I want to share. You are good. Holy. Patient. Kind. Loving. Faithful. Change my thinking to the things You are, instead of what I feel.
Thank You, Father. Exodus 34:5-7. Yes, I thought that's where I was headed. But now I'm singing Psalm 3:3 instead. A hymn entitled A Shield About Me reminds me that Thou, O Lord, are a shield about me; You're my glory, You're the lifter of my head. Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! You're the lifter of my head
Several translations and paraphrases say the same thing in various ways. The Living Bible, “But Lord, You are my shield, my glory, and my only hope. You alone can lift my head, now bowed in shame.” New Century Version, “But, Lord, You are my shield, my wonderful God who gives me courage.” New Life Version, “But You, O Lord, are a covering around me, my shining greatness, and the One Who lifts my head.”
There are so many verses that tell of the many things You are. This morning it seems a good and prudent thing to stay here with these three examples. New English Translation, “But You, Lord are a shield that protects me; You are my glory and the One Who restores me.”
Is that what it means to have my head lifted? Given courage. Restored. The Expanded Bible says it this way, “But, Lord, You are my shield [protector], my wonderful God [glory] who gives me courage [lifts my head].”
How I thank You Father! I didn't know where we were headed this morning and You once again took the reigns and led me to hope. Thank You.
And would You just look at that? A few more translations up and the Easy-to-Read Version says, “But You, Lord, protect me. You bring me honor; You give me hope.” That's where we are headed right now. Me hoping in You.
The Common English Bible, “But You, Lord, are my shield! You are my glory! You are the One who restores me.” And You did just that. You've restored me and given me hope. I have no idea where today will take us Father, but I absolutely trust You to get us there. Thank You for once again changing my tune.
I woke up singing Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me but I wasn't believing it. Here now You've brought me fully around. I am so glad that our Father in heav'n Tells of His love in the Book He has giv'n. Wonderful things in the Bible I see – This is the dearest, that Jesus loves me. I am so glad that Jesus loves me, Jesus loves... Jesus loves even me!
What a wonderful note to leave on! Thank You Father that You and Jesus love even me! Help me use that love well this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(497 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment