Monday, May 27, 2013

choosing to say


Memorial Day Monday, May 27, 2013 (6:39 a.m.)
Awesome, Glorious, Father God,
Thank You! I cried yesterday. Hard, emotional, unspeakable, in church tears. And You heard the prayers of my heart and healed me. Right then and there. One moment I couldn't even sing the words and the next I was calm, standing strong, while joining my voice in singing Your praises.
Thank You Father. Thank You for never leaving us alone. Thank You for reminding me that not only is Your name to be blessed when things are going well, but When the darkness closes in Still I will say Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name... Blessed be Your glorious name You give and take away... My heart will choose to say Lord, blessed be Your name
I get to choose. You keep leading us to You. Your Truth. Your will. Your Way. And I am choosing to believe that what You have set out for us is good.
While here with You yesterday morning before church, I asked You for the grace and serenity, acceptance and ability to deal with the frustrations and disappointments I was sure were to come. You supplied them all. After time spent with loved ones, Your Truth rang supreme.
Looking to You, depending on You, I was blessed again and again. There was a freedom that came from choosing to say, “Blessed be the name of the Lord”.
Your Word speaks of Truth and freedom. John 8:32, “You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” I experienced Your truth and freedom yesterday Father. How could we possibly ask for more than that? You surrounded me with Your Holy care. Thank You.
Through another song yesterday morning I was also reminded that what You require of us is “to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God” (Micah 6:8). As I read the various translations Dearest Father, I see again how far short I fall of Your ideal.
New International Reader's Version says, “The Lord has shown you what is good. He has told you what He requires of you. You must treat people fairly. You must love others faithfully. And you must be very careful to live the way your God wants you to.”
Even something as seemingly simple as this is not possible in and of myself. I need You and Your Holy Spirit in and near me at all times. Guard my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength that I would truly love You and my neighbor as You desire (Mark 12:30-31).
Be in and with me every step of today as I choose, in all situations, to say, “Blessed be the name of the Lord, it IS well with my soul!”
I love You Father. Thank You so very much for loving me first. Use me well this day I pray. Thank You. Amen.
(488 words ~ 8:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment