Friday, May 31, 2013

love and happiness


Wednesday, May 29, 2103 (3:33 p.m.)
June Lake Loop, CA
Most Holy Father God,
Another year, another journey. Father, thank You! Thank You for a husband who loves to travel. Thank You for the patience that allows us to work well enough together to get us to that end. Thank You for a very safe five hour drive and all the love and happiness that came along with it.
Blessed Father, You keep working in us. I see it often. Some changes are more obvious than others. Oh, but the work You are doing! Thank You.
Thank You for helping me learn the importance of listening more and speaking less in my quest to communicate effectively. Thank You for allowing me to experience first hand the affect my words have. In my search for energy yesterday, I voiced the following self-imposed [You ordained, I pray] mission statement: “I aspire to inspire the practice of love and happiness.”
Today seems the perfect day for such an aspiration. Sixty-five years ago my parents drove several hours to be joined in a marriage that lasted until they were parted by death over forty-five years later. Love and happiness was practiced repeatedly. Father, how I thank You for their example. Their intent.
Continue Your patient work in growing us through Your Word. We DO love You Father. And we absolutely thank You for Your grace and glory being evidenced in our love for You and each other. Use us well this day I pray. Thank You. Amen.
(257 words ~ 4:49 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment