Saturday, May 11, 2013

continued healing


Saturday, May 11, 2013 (6:53 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
Thank You again for the healing I spoke of yesterday. I kept meaning to come back to finish up on the theme and I chose other things instead. Forgive me Father, I prayerfully ask.
The fingers continue healing but this morning my physicality isn't what I am most appreciative of. Yesterday You worked in our hearts, our minds, our souls as well. It began by searching Your Word for the word 'healing' and led to two wise sayings (Proverbs 12:18; 13:17) preserved for us by King Solomon.
Those two verses stayed with me throughout the day. Reminding me of the healing or harm brought onto us by our choice of words. Proverbs 12:18, “Rash language cuts and maims, but there is healing in the words of the wise.” I long to represent healing. Health. Recovery. Not wounding. Injury. Pain.
Thank You for the reminders Father. They served us well. There were a few occasions where I normally would have launched into a tirade. Under different circumstances I might have challenged attitudes. Motives. Intentions.
Yesterday, however, I remembered the wisdom offered up by Solomon. “Irresponsible talk makes a real mess of things, but a reliable reporter is a healing presence” (Proverbs 13:17). Father, You bring healing. Your Word, Your Truth bring continued healing and I am grateful.
I confess that far too rarely gratitude comes easier than others. Thank You that as I continue following You, sometimes I recognize it sooner than others. Thank You that You know exactly what You're doing in our continued healing. Thank You that You love us. You want us. You sacrificed for us and You bless us. Empower and embolden me to use Your blessings well this day. Live in and through me I pray. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(306 words ~ 7:33 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment