Sunday, May 5, 2013

coming and going


Sunday, May 5, 2013 (7:51 a.m.)
Holy God,
Greetings. Good morning. Hello. I love You. Father God, how I thank You. I didn't know where to start and now I'm singing and reading and hoping and rejoicing. Thank You.
Thank You that in choosing the Topical Index of Songs in The Celebration Hymnal I find myself excited to sing this and read that, all the while growing with hope and joy. Thank You Father.
Thank You for all the resources You have provided to take us to the heart of worship. And how do we do that? I found it this morning under OPENING OF WORSHIP - Come, Christians, join to sing... Loud praise to Christ, our King... Let all, with heart and voice, Before His throne rejoice; Praise is His gracious choice: Al-le-lu-ia! A-men!
From here I went to THE ROCK OF OUR SALVATION from Psalm 95:1-5 “Come! Let us sing for joy to the Lord” then over to Ephesians 5:19-20, “Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks.” Father, You provide the desire to search and find You within song, praise and Your Word.
Somehow I landed over in Revelation (7:9-14) reading of the vast multitude of all races and nations represented in the harvest Christ envisioned from His great commission to His disciples to “Go out and train everyone you meet” (Matthew 28:10 The Message).
Yesterday I was buoyed by the simple greeting Jesus gave the women (Matthew 28:9) as they ran from His empty tomb (v.8). Even then He followed His welcome by saying, “Go tell” (v. 10). This morning I was excited at the instruction to “Come!”. Now I am somewhat daunted by the command to “Go!” Here I ask You to be in and with me as I prepare to go out to start the day.
I love You Father. I thank You. And I truly want to serve You well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(328 words ~ 10:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment