Friday, May 24, 2013

"No owies"


Friday, May 24, 2013 (5:50 a.m.)
Most Holy, Awesome God,
Thank You! There was a problem with sleep and You were right here reminding me of what things to think on. And which to leave alone. Thank You Father. Thank You.
A pre-two year old taught me the importance of “No owies” the other day. Concerned there was a problem, I let it be known that I was checking for an owie. Smiling and quite matter of factly I was told, “No owie.”
Father, walking and talking with You I am reminded to check around for owies. Those things that aren't serving a positive purpose. Yesterday I was not only able to identify some negative energy, but to quite non-judgmentally address it as well. Score!
It's You Father. ALL You! Thank You. As sleep continued to be interrupted, thoughts of You were present. A song, not especially well known to me, was comforting.
I may have doubts and fears, my eyes be filled with tears But Jesus is a Friend who watches day and night I go to Him in prayer, He knows my every care And just a little talk with Jesus makes it right (Now let us) Have a little talk with Jesus (Let us) Tell Him all about our troubles (He will) Hear our faintest cry (He will) Answer by and by Feel a little prayer wheel turning (And you'll) Know a little fire is burning (You will) Find a little talk with Jesus makes it right
Yes Father. I found my little talk with Jesus did make it right! Thank You. Focusing on the positive, not the negative allowed me rest. Whenever my mind goes off toward “what if”, thank You for bringing it back to “whatever”.
The Names of God Bible expresses Paul's words to the people of Philippi thusly, “Finally, brothers and sisters, keep your thoughts on whatever is right and deserves praise: things that are true, honorable, fair, pure, acceptable, or commendable” (Philippians 4:8).
New Living Translation says it this way, “And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.”
Yes Father, one of Your precious little ones reminded me very sweetly of the importance of “no owies”. Let me remember this and use it well this day. I love You. Empower me to serve You well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(415 words ~ 7:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment