Sunday, May 19, 2013

expecting


Sunday, May 19, 2013 (6:05 a.m.)
Father God,
Thank You. I came out here expecting. And for the most part, I know much better than to do that. But expecting I was.
This was going to have a title of a song and I was going to talk with You about how well things went yesterday after I read aloud my prayer to You. The good thing I can say right now is that I am smiling. Smiling because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that You are good. You are faithful. Righteous. Holy. And I am safe in You.
Mm. Safe in You. Psalm 4:8, “I will lie down in peace and safety, for though I am alone, O Lord, You will keep me safe.” Thank You Father. I may not know what the next thing holds, but I absolutely know You hold it. Thank You.
So. Back to talking about surprises and expectations. Up until this very morning I had come to label expecting a 'bad' thing. A precursor to disappointment and resentment. I was prepared to continue going along that line of thinking until I tried looking up an antonym for it. Instead I found a synonym. A word I wasn't expecting. “Hope”. Pure and simple.
Yes Father, I can still get caught up in assuming. Supposing. Presuming. Imagining. I tell You this, if I'm going to get caught up in anything, let it be hoping. Believing. Trusting. All these things in You!
Yes, Father. You hold us. You hold our days. Psalm 73:23 (The Voice) says, “But look at this: You are still holding my right hand; You have been all along.” Because of this, I want to keep hoping. Believing. Expecting. And asking that You will keep holding. Me. My thoughts. My hopes. My dreams. My right hand. Safely. Lovingly. Kindly. Protectively.
Father, I love You. And I am expecting that You love me even more. Thank You. Use me well this day, I pray. Amen.
(330 words ~ 7:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment