Thursday, May 16, 2013

exciting words


Thursday, May 16, 2013 (6:59 a.m.)
Awesome, awesome God,
I acknowledge You working in my life. Just a little bit ago, my thoughts started going toward the negative side. You reminded me of the importance of positivity. I wasn't even sure that it was really a word, but it made sense to me and opened the floodgates to other exciting words.
Mm. Yes. Exciting words. Revitalization → revitalize: reinvigorate, reenergize, resuscitate, refresh, breathe new life into. Isn't that exactly what You do in and with and to and for us? You breathe new life into our sagging spirits.
Father, I truly am grateful. I look around me and I see You at work. In attitudes. Helpfulness. Camaraderie. And I think of Ezekiel's experience in A Valley of Dry Bones. Following the destruction of Jerusalem, when all hope seemed to be lost, You continued Your work in Your people.
After You promised to “give you [the people of Israel] a new heart – I will give you new and right desires – and put a new spirit within you. I will take out your stony hearts of sin and give you new hearts of love. And I will put my Spirit within you so that you will obey my laws and do whatever I command” (Ezekiel 36:26-27) Your prophet saw a valley full of dry bones (37:1-14).
You told him to prophesy toward them and they came together, covered with flesh, but still lie dead on the valley floor. Then You told him to speak to “the breath”, the wind (v. 9) and he did as You commanded him (10) “and the bodies began breathing; they lived and stood up – a very great army.”
You do that in us Father. We fail. And You breath fresh, new life into us. I see it happen again and again. With every single loving, helpful action. You are indeed at work in us. How I thank and praise You! And I ask that You would use the power You provide for Your good and Your glory.
Work in and through me this day. Allow me to accomplish those things that You would have me do. Those things that are of lasting value. Those things that will revitalize and breathe new life into our beings.
Thank You Father. Thank You for such exciting words to apply to our day. Enable me to put them to Your good use. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(411 words ~ 8:23 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment