Monday, May 6, 2013

sing praise


Monday, May 6, 2013 (7:04 a.m.)
♫Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow,
♫Praise Him, all creatures here below. Praise Him above This is where I stopped and searched for over half an hour. I like to understand what I'm singing and “ye heavenly host” usually gives me pause.
The idea that it meant “my host in heaven” came to mind and was somewhat discussed in various forums. “Angels” seems to make the most sense.
As I continued the search, so many other praises came along. All people that on earth do dwell, Sing to the Lord with cheerful voice. Just a few pages over O worship the King, all glorious above, And gratefully sing His wonderful love
Yes! That is exactly why I am here this morning. To gratefully sing of Your wonderful love. Thank You Father for the love You have so generously provided to each and every one of us. Thank You for Your provisions.
I had opportunity to read again of the grumblings of the people You had Moses lead out of slavery. In one verse (Exodus 14:10) they were terribly frightened and called out to You to help them. The very next lines (vs. 11-12) has them forgetting Your miracles and turning against Moses.
Father, I so closely resemble their wavering. Thank You that You have given us Your Word and songs about Your Word to remind us of the praise we are to sing to You. Our Shield and Defender, the Ancient of Days, Pavilioned in splendor and girded with praise ~ You alone are the matchless King To You alone be all majesty Your glories and wonders, what tongue can recite? You breathe in the air, You shine in the light
Wow! One song just leads right into the next. Praise You Father! From Whom all blessings flow. Thank You for this time together. Help me use it well this day. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(323 words ~ 8:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment