Tuesday, May 28, 2013

search for energy


Tuesday, May 28, 2013 (6:24 a.m.)
Loving Lord,
You are good. You are REALLY good! Thank You. Only up for a couple of minutes and already You've helped me smile. Thank You.
Lying in bed, I was thinking of and singing to You. Coming out here I looked up the word energy. A glance at the top of the webpage showed, “search for energy”. Yes Lord, I am absolutely searching for energy! I feel as though I have none.
My head hurts, my body aches and there is MUCH to be done. I have come to You to search for energy.
How excited I am to be reading in Malachi as Just A Little Talk With Jesus sings within my being. I may have doubts and fears, my eyes be filled with tears But Jesus is a Friend who watches day and night I go to Him in prayer, He knows my every care And just a little talk with Jesus makes it rightHow incredibly grateful I am for this Truth. YOUR Truth!
The prophet Malachi wrote 55 verses to the people of Judah after Nehemiah rebuilt the walls of Jerusalem. He recognized them as Your chosen people (1:1-5), told how they: neglected You (1:6-2:9), broke Your commitments (2:10-16), doubted Your involvement (2:17-3:5) and Your significance (3:6-4:3). Finally (4:4-6) he urged them to get back on track by remembering the law You gave to Moses while they await the prophet You have promised to send.
We get tired Father. And lazy. Forgive me. I have been using these very words to describe myself, thinking them to be funny. Not so. I look to You in my search for energy. And I find it in the promise of Malachi 4:2.
Your Word contains such poetry. “The sun of righteousness will dawn on those who honor my name, healing radiating from its wings. You will be bursting with energy, like colts frisky and frolicking” (The Message).
Other versions say, “... and you will go free, leaping likes calves let out to pasture” (The Living Bible). Gambol, playfully jump, happy, light-hearted, skip, go out and dance, grow up, springing. These are words I want to use concerning myself.
There is MUCH to do today, Father. I have consciously put it all off until now. This is where I turn to You. Searching for energy. Do in and for, with and through me that which I absolutely cannot even begin to do for myself. I love You Father and I thank You for guiding me in Your Word. Let me apply this lesson well. I love You. I thank You. Use me well this day. Amen.
(439 words ~ 7:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment