Monday, May 20, 2013

Foundation


Monday, May 20, 2013 (6:23 a.m.)
Mm,
I'm not even sure how to start this morning. My Sweet Lord was my first thought, but I'm not at all sure about the Hindu overtones. When I sing all the other words, it fits You to a tee. However it is that we finally begin, let me just say, “I love You!” Father (there it is!) I really, truly love You.
I came out here to talk with You about foundations. Because You absolutely are the True Foundation of this family! Father, thank You. You gave us Jesus. And the Holy Spirit. When we build our life, our day, our plans on Your firm foundation, we are solid. In You!
♫The Church's One Foundation references 1Corinthians 3:11. “No one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid; Jesus Christ.” Yes. Jesus, You ARE this family's One Foundation!
And now I'm pleasantly smiling on the outside while cracking up laughing on the inside. Excited to see the verse attributed to The Solid Rock I'm comforted and pleased to read again, “1Corinthians 3:11”.
Christ, You are indeed the Solid Rock on which this family stands, all other ground is sinking sand Thank You for all You have done and continue to do on our behalf.
Paul wrote this letter to the believers living in Corinth to encourage them to resolve their problems and honor God. Well that certainly seems pretty basic! “Resolve problems. Honor God.” Sign me up!
In the overall synopsis for this partcular letter I see myself, as well as our family, described in the words used: “had received new life in Christ”, “had much to learn”, “baby Christians”.
Blessed Father God, You know exactly what You are doing in us. Thank You for giving us Your Word, Your Son, Your Holy Spirit. There is so much hope to be found in each.
This morning I ask You to continue building each of us on Your perfect Foundation. I long to stand firm. The Life Recovery Bible encourages me to this end: “...dear brothers, stand firm and keep a strong grip on the truth...” (2Thessalonians 2:15).
The commentary at the page bottom tells us that Paul praised and encouraged the Thessalonians to continue seeking You, Your will and Your power. He reminded them to hold on to Your truth. It prompts us to recognize our powerlessness and our need for Your help. And it ends with, “Recognizing this truth is a foundational step toward our recovery.”
Father, I ask You to continue building something wonderful on Your very firm Foundation. Thank You for loving us. Calling us. Delivering us.
Use me to Your good and to Your glory this day. Keep me firmly on Your Foundation I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(465 words ~ 7:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment