Saturday, May 4, 2013

"Good morning"


Saturday, May 4, 2013 (7:03 a.m.)
“Good morning”,
That's all I've got right now. So far I've thought about feeling tired. Slow. I'm searching Your Word and wondering where You'd have me focus. Instead of just turning from verse to verse, I'm asking You Father, where would You like me to read this morning?
Matthew 28:9. Jesus' resurrection. He said “Good morning” to the women as they were running away from His empty tomb. My mind is jumping all over the place. I'm feeling excited and sad at the very same time. And comforted in the fact that as “the women ran from the tomb” (v.8) they were “badly frightened, but also filled with joy”. Frightened and joyful at the same time? Now there's a thought!
Blessed Father God, Your Word has so much to teach us. Make me a good learner. Oh, but not just a good learner, a good follower as well. I truly want to be obedient to Your leading, to Your teachings.
Reading here in Matthew I am rekindled. Eager. There is truth. And hope. You do that for us. Thank You Father. With a simple greeting this morning, I am now reading of: The Power of the Resurrection, The Importance of Hope, and God's Kingdom – A Model for Recovery. Thank You Father.
It is so easy for me to feel overwhelmed. “And instead of finding deliverance” to “remain in a state of oppression” (The Life Recovery Bible). Too often I try standing on my own two feet without first coming to You for Your strength to do all. Thank You for every reminder You provide of the riches we have in You.
“As they were running, suddenly Jesus was there in front of them! 'Good morning!' he said. And they fell to the ground before Him, holding His feet and worshiping Him” (Matthew 28:9). Would I fall to the ground in worship? Oh how I pray so!
Father God, use me today for Your good and Your glory. Thank You for meeting with me after such a simple start. I love You Father. Thank You for so loving (John 3:16) each of us that You sent Jesus “to give life in all its fullness” (John 10:10). Use me well this day I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(387 words ~ 8:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment