Sunday, May 26, 2013

real vs. ideal


Sunday, May 26, 2013 (6:00 a.m.)
Yippee Skippy! Thank You God,
How's this for timing? We covered the clock so we wouldn't keep checking the time throughout the night. Listening for morning sounds and looking toward the curtains for signs of daylight was a nice change. There was even a dream or two. Thank You Father. Thank You.
Yesterday, after never getting here to explore with You, I had the inclination of examining what is real and what is ideal. So far this morning I haven't found a lot I can bank on or even really understand. Instead I am turning to You, asking if this is something You would have me look into any further.
I love You Father. I like watching You work. What we are experiencing around here is real. The new patterns and habits that are being established are really happening. Are they ideal? Maybe not. But they are real! And I am excited.
Father, I don't know where to go in Your Word to support or dispute this thought pattern. I'm asking for Your guidance.
What I'm finding, in the simplest explanations of the words, is that ideal comes from idea and is a standard of perfection. Real, on the other hand, is true. Actual. I'm going out on a limb here when I liken Jesus to the only One who meets both criteria.
Father, all this is being said in an effort to ask You to enable me to lower the expectations I unintentionally set for myself and those around me. While it's good to have a goal, if I'm constantly disappointed at no one's ability to meet the expectation I place on them it is all truly a lesson in futility.
Your glory is our ideal. Romans 3:23 is our reality. And would You just look at that? I am most familiar with the New King James Version, “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,”. The Living Bible has this to say, “Yes, all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious ideal;”.
YOUR ideal is real and not one any of us is able to meet. Instill in the me the grace and serenity needed to accept and properly deal with the frustrations and disappointments that come in that vast chasm between what is ideal and what is real.
Father, I love You. I trust You to do in and through and with and for me all that I am unable to myself. Go before, behind, beside, beneath, above and within me this day. Cover me with Your ideal love that I would share it freely in this real, not ideal, world. I love You. Thank You for sharing time with me this morning. Empower me to use it well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(470 words ~ 7:39 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment