Thursday, May 9, 2013

Mighty God


Thursday, May 9, 2013 (7:38 a.m.)
Holy Father God,
Thank You! Before my eyes had even opened this moning You had changed my focus! The word I was going to use to explore this morning was unflattering and has since been forgotten. YOU did that!
As I recognized the negativity of my early (3:21 a.m.) thoughts I started thinking instead of all the things You are. Mighty. Powerful. Kind. Loving. Before I knew it my whole thought pattern had changed from one of dread and remorse to that of eager, excitement. AGOG once again.
Thank You Father. Thank You that You are indeed mighty. May I please express how very much I love You! The words themselves do little. I pray You will use me today to show Your love to others.
There is much I would like to accomplish this day. I need You and Your power to set the course that I would follow. Eliminate distractions that would take me away from the direction You would have me go.
The phrase “Mighty God” has taken me to Psalm 93 and I am thrilled to be here. The Message uses these words to tell of You, “God is King, robed and ruling, God is robed and surging with strength. And yes, the world is firm, immovable, Your throne ever firm – You're Eternal! Sea storms are up, God, Sea storms wild and thundering, Sea storms with thunderous breakers. Stronger than wild sea storms, Mightier than sea-storm breakers, Mighty God rules from High Heaven. What You say goes – it always has. 'Beauty' and 'Holy' mark Your palace rule, God, to the very end of time.”
Five verses. A relatively short chapter with so much power and might declared. The Life Recovery Bible describes it this way, “A powerful, holy, unchanging God is able to help us exercise control over our universe – our life. He always keeps His promises. Since He has said He will help us if we turn to Him, we can count on it.”
I turned to You early on this morning and You righted my thinking. With that, I ask that You order my day. There is so much to do with limited time and energy. Truly, readily define which are the first things and work in and through me to put them first.
Thank You “Mighty God” for loving me. Enable, empower, embolden me to use that love for Your good and Your glory. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(417 words ~ 8:01 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment