Wednesday, August 31, 2022

A Wife of Noble Character

 Wednesday, August 31, 2022 (6:09 a.m.)

Holy God,


Good morning. Thank You. I love You.

(6:25 a.m.)


I’m looking to You to lead and guide my focus this morning. I confess to my thoughts jumping all over the place.


Lots of rest. Many welcomes. Heartfelt experiences. All jumbling together.


I remember a thought from yesterday. A desire actually. To better embody the Proverbs 31 depiction of A Wife of Noble Character. Not so much her works, as her attributes.


Yes Lord. I want to be more like You. Through the ideal of her. Work Your will and Your way in me. With, by, through and for me. Doing all You must that I will glorify and enjoy You.


Beginning at verse 10, I want to be “virtuous and capable, …more precious than rubies.” This is not the direction I had planned to go with You this morning. Continue leading that I will follow. You!


Twenty-nine years ago I had opportunity to know that I have a husband who trusts me (11a). I ask You Lord to keep working in us that I “will greatly enrich his life… bring[ing] him good, not harm, all the days” of my life (v. 12).


It was verse 25 I remembered yesterday. “She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future” (New Living Translation).


Father, I truly want my words to be wise. That I would give instructions with kindness (26). That our children would stand and bless me and my husband would praise me: (28). “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!” (29).


I believe and want to represent Your Truth. “Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the LORD will be greatly praised” (30). I want to grow to be more like You. Do all You must to Your good and glorious end.


I love You. I want to serve You. Thank You for Who and all You are. Amen.


(338 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment