Thursday, September 1, 2022

Singing ♪Hosanna♪

 Thursday, September 1, 2022 (6:11 a.m.)

Holy God,


You provide us so many blessings. Some obvious. Many quite subtle. Thank You for teaching me to say, “Thank You” nonetheless.


Mm, yes Lord. I want to practice gratitude. In all things (1Thessalonians 5:18). Like changing one letter in a musical title.


Waking up with what I thought a ridiculous song [Roseanna] took on a whole new meaning by wholeheartedly singing out ♪Hosanna♪ instead. Thank You God!


Thank You for every time You stopped my negative thinking. Each crotchety grumble was quickly abated by simply offering a genuine ♪Hosanna♪ in its place. Thank You, God. Truly. Thank You.


Giving so much thought to thanking and praising You brings up another song. ♪Sing Hosanna, sing hosanna Sing hosanna to the King of Kings Sing hosanna, sing hosanna to the King♪


Father God, I truly don’t have the words to thank You for the change You make happen in my being. Reigniting hope. Smiles. And, dare I say, JOY!


This is truly You at work! Looking at the lyrics, I read of the oil You provide to ♪keep me burning ’til the break of day♪ Joy in my heart to keep me praising. Peace in my heart keeps me resting. And love keeps us serving.


You provide us these things. All we need that we cannot possibly manufacture on our own.


How truly I thank You Father. I would never have thought to ♪Sing Hosanna♪ on my own. You do these things. In. With. By. Through. And for us. Praise You Lord.


Turning to Psalm 16:11, my eyes fell first on verse 1. “Keep me safe, O God, for I come to You for refuge.” Mm, yes. I do! Thank You that we can.


Illustrated Bible Handbook calls this psalm, “beautiful.” Expressing “satisfaction with personal relationship” with You. Naming You alone as “the Source of all good (1-4), the One who assigns our place in life (5-6), and the One who guides us by His presence (7-8).”


Thank You that You are and do all these things. Thank You that “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasures of living with You forever” (v. 11).


And just when I think we’re done, here’s more!


The Life Recovery Bible comment for “16:7-11 As we seek through prayer and meditation to improve our relationship with God, we will find in His Word not only peace of mind and heart but also good counsel that will keep us from falling into sin. Knowing that God is with us and that He will never abandon us should be a constant Source of joy and peace. An important principle of recovery is realizing that God is with us - here and now - and that He promises to be with us through all eternity.”


Blessed, Father God. Thank You. Praise You. I love, want, need and trust You. Do all You know is best this day. In. With. By. Through. And for us. ♪Hosanna!♪ Amen.

(512 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment