Wednesday, August 24, 2022

even if

 Wednesday, August24, 2022 (6:40 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


That’s way better than the “ARGH!” I had planned to begin. Thank You for that Dear God.


Thank You too for the joy that HAS come in this morning (Psalm 30:5b). While there was no weeping through the night, the conflicting thoughts that swirled in my head just wouldn’t ♪Leave Me Alone♪


Thank You for the smile that continues washing over me. Especially within. “A pleased, kind, or amused facial expression.” Even a twinkle of sorts. Thank You God.


Mm, yes. Thank You!


Thank You that prior to sleep I had the privilege of reading the importance of countering every “what if” thought with an “even if” Truth. Thank You Father for introducing me to the writings of Vaneetha Rendall Risner.


Throughout the night I had the opportunity of challenging every fearful “what if” spiral with the freedom that comes from believing and singing out ♪Thy Will Be Done♪ Knowing, trusting and believing You to always be good. Great. Glorious. And gracious. Even if circumstances aren’t what I think they should be.


Father God, thank You. Praise You. You know Your plans for each and every single one of us. Plans to take care of us, not abandon us, plans to give us us the future we hope for (Jeremiah 29:11 The Message). Your plans Lord. ♪Thy Will Be Done♪


Attempting to put a more hopeful spin on the ♪Leave Me Alone♪ chorus that kept singing to me, I tried inserting a four count plea. “Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20b). While I couldn’t actually keep it with the beat, I was able to go back to sleep.


Believing, trusting and knowing You to be good is such a vital blessing to our days Dear God. Even if [especially when] circumstances present as dire. Thank You that I get to choose to trust You. Always Revering God’s Holiness [the aforementioned ARGH!].


Thank You for the added reminder just now to look at Jeremiah 33:3. Starting with verse 2 in The Message. “This is GOD’s Message, the God who made earth, made it livable and lasting, known everywhere as GOD: ‘Call to me and I will answer you. I’ll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.’”


Thank You that Your Word is Truth. Even if our worse fears come into being we can freely turn to You. Your Truth. Your promises.


I love You Lord. I trust, need and want You. ♪Thy Will Be Done♪ Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(428 words ~ 8:01 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment