Friday, August 19, 2022

♪Higher Love♪

 Friday, August 19, 2022 (5:06 a.m.)

♪… Higher Love…♪


Holy God,


How I thank You for the ways You draw our attention to You. So often, for me, through song.


Very aware of the tune this morning, I was unsure of the words. ♪… Higher Love…♪ Thank You for such an easy find of the lyrics. And a bit of its history.


“This very spiritual song makes a case for why higher love, which can be interpreted as God, must exist.” Referencing his upbringing, the songwriter [Will Jennings] mentions “… a generation past that, when things were not so much taken for granted, so that one has to plea, ♪Bring me a higher love♪ and the lines are all trying to explain why there must be higher love. A modern hymn, you might call it.”


Yes! I will call it that.


Taking our need to Your Word, I arrive at 1 John 4:7-21. Loving One Another. Most Blessed God, thank You for all You do to pull our attention back to You. Our True ♪Higher Love♪


I ask You, Dearest Dad, to empower and enable me to love as You would have me. “And He has put His own Holy Spirit into our hearts as a proof to us that we are living in Him and He with us” (1 John 4:13 The Living Bible).


Most dear and Blessed Higher Love, do all You must in, with, by, through and for me this day that I will learn to love as You alone know is best. Lead, guide and direct me to better practices.


I love, need and want You. “This is how we know we’re living steadily and deeply in Him, and He in us: He’s given us life from His life, from His very own Spirit. Also, we’ve seen for ourselves and continue to state openly that the Father sent His Son as Savior of the world. Everyone who confesses that Jesus is God’s Son participates continuously in an intimate relationship with God. We know it so well, we’ve embraced it heart and soul, this love that comes from God” ( The Message vs. 13-16).


Truly, this ♪Higher Love♪ comes directly from You! Thank You Father. Praise You. Use me. Amen.

(370 words ~ 6:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment