Sunday, August 28, 2022

Light in the darkness

 Sunday, August 28, 2022 (5:36 a.m.)

Blessed, Holy God,


I’m here before You with concerns for the lost. Those who live in and with constant darkness.

(6:23 a.m.)


Oh most Holy God. Considering those who live in a continued state of hopeless desperation, how I ask You presence. Your light. Your goodness. Your grace. Your glory.


The word darkness continues coming to mind. Father, how I pray Your presence to counteract the evil with which some folks live every single day. Fear. Separation from You.

(6:53 a.m.)


Blessed God, I don’t even have a coherent way of asking You to intervene on the lost and hurting. Those living their lives in constant darkness. I am turning to Your Word. Asking. Seeking. Knocking (Matthew 7:7).


Acts 26:18 and Ephesians 6:12 lead me to singing and finding the title and lyrics to ♪Waymaker, Miracle Worker Promise Keeper, Light in the darkness My God, that is who You are♪ How desperately You are needed Father.


Telling of his conversion from persecutor to Jesus follower, the apostle Paul shares his commission to witness to the Gentiles (Acts 26:15-18). Jesus told him to tell the world what he had seen (v. 16). “And I will rescue you from both your own people and the Gentiles. Yes, I am sending you to the Gentiles to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of satan to God” (vs. 17-18a).


♪God forgave my sin in Jesus’ name… Go in My name and because You believe, Others will know that I live [Freely, Freely]♪


We are reminded of the importance of being strong in the Lord and in His mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). We are to ‘put on God’s armor so that we will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil’ (v. 11).


Oh yes Dearest God! “For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies. But against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places” (12).


We need You Lord. ♪You give life, You are love You bring light to the darkness You give hope, You restore Every heart that is broken Great Are You Lord It’s Your breath in our lungs So we pour out our praise… to You only… All the earth will shout Your praise Our hearts will cry These bones will sing Great are You, Lord♪


Shine Your light in the lives of the hurting Lord. Those living daily in darkness. I love You. We need and want You. Do all You must to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(462 words ~ 7:50 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment