Saturday, August 13, 2022

Christ within

 Saturday, August 13, 2022 (4:54 a.m.)


♪When we were talking… the way You look at me lyrics

(5:46 a.m.)


It’s been over an hour that I have occasionally searched the song that keeps singing out to me. A note or a word here and there. Father, I’d rather explore where You want me in Your Word.


Let’s begin again.


Good morning! Thank You for sleep. I’ve scheduled a fairly busy day. It seemed “right” at the time.


Looking back at it now, I would have preferred checking things with You first. Forgive me Father.


Harness fear

Wait

Partner faith and logic, trusting God

Live in faith not fear

Joy and peace

The God that is within us

(6:40 a.m.)

Blessed God,


Thank You! Thank You for time to spend with You. In Your Word. At Your feet. Searching. Seeking. Wanting only the peace You offer.


I could easily have gone off course yesterday. Careless words. A hurtful tone. The stage potentially set for grudge holding and resentment.


Thank You for continuing Your work in, with, by, through and for me that encourages me to struggle against all satan would have me choose. Yes Lord. Thank You for guiding and directing me to stay on the path You have set for me.


Father, thank You for Your Word that does not change. Mm, yes.


Knowing, trusting, believing that I can turn to You. Stand firm on Your Truth. Stay my mind on Your promises. I continue seeking Your will. Your way. Not mine!


Thank You for the apostle Paul’s letter to several churches in southern Galatia. Written “to encourage readers to depend on Christ alone for salvation and daily strength.”


Left to my own devices bitterness could easily take root. Embedding itself deeply within my thinking.


Thank You that You are my much better way! “My old self was crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:20).


I look to You Blessed God to do all You alone know is best. The Life Recovery Bible’s comment (2:20-21) reminds us “… our old lifestyle died on the cross with Jesus Christ… Some of us have worked very hard to overcome our addiction but have received no real freedom.”


How truly I rejoice when I recognize the freedom from sin we have in You! Thank You for the glimpses of Your peace that shine through when we follow Your lead.


“Paul wanted the Jewish believers to realize that they could gain nothing by trying harder. They had to give up control and allow God to heal them and empower them in battling sin. We must give up our old ways of looking for deliverance and accept God’s grace - the free gift of forgiveness and healing offered by Jesus Christ.”


Yes! Amen! Nothing to add.


I love You. I need and want to follow You. Thank and praise You. Amen.


(515 words ~ 7:18 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment