Thursday, August 25, 2022

[and so much more]

 Thursday, August 25, 2022 (5:05 a.m.)

Dearest and Most Blessed God,


You are good. Great. Glorious. Gracious. Thank You that You are.


Thank You that because You are all these things [and so much more] we have hope. Faith. Love (1Corinthians 13:13).


Lead me in Your Word this morning I ask. You have so much Truth for us to lean on. And learn from.


Psalm 23:6

Philippians 4:8

All the “fear not”s


Mm, Blessed God. You are so very much more than we can

(7:47 a.m.)

…even imagine.


Your love Lord is nothing for us to take for granted. Teach me so much more about it this day I pray. Asking You to imprint it deeply within my very being.


Psalm 23:6. In so many different translations. Father God, how I thank You for the ways You surround us with Your never-ending love.


With that very Truth, I want to take another look at 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 as well. Always before I’ve thought of it as being directed to each of us. One toward another. Right now, I have eyes and a heart to see it as Your love toward each of us. Mind blowing!


Thank You God for never ceasing to teach us more. SO much more!


Because 1 John 4:8b tells us “for God is love” I have a whole new take on the apostle Paul’s teaching about love to the believers living in Corinth. Substituting Your name for love, I read “God is patient and kind. God is not jealous [which flies in sharp contrast to Your words to Moses in Exodus 20:5] or boastful or proud or rude” (1 Corinthians 13:4-5a).


These are deep thoughts for me Lord. All I know for sure is that the more I want to know, there is always so very much more for me to learn. Right here I ask You to keep teaching me.


I want to know, trust and love You more than I do at this moment. Thank You for who and all You are. Use me this day exactly as You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(367 words ~ 8:29 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment