Sunday, August 14, 2022

second song

 Sunday, August 14, 2022 (6:10 a.m.)

Sleep happened! Thank You very much.


And a second song. Also, thank You very much!


♪Oh, I love to live so pleasantly Live this life of luxury Lazing on a Sunny Afternoon In the summertime In the summertime♪

(7:05 a.m.)


Holy God, I love looking for You in the songs that sing themselves to me. Especially when it’s not immediately obvious. Digging into the mindset of what the songwriters were wanting to say.


Thank You that I have so many opportunities of turning to You. Asking what You want me to learn.


Thank You for the opinions of others. Especially when they teach me things I’ve not encountered elsewhere. Like the idea of having the word funny be an adjective for the word fun. Not just “ha, ha - but full of fun.” I want to be described as full of fun. Funny. Joyful, if You will!


The composer of ♪Sunny Afternoon♪ describes it as “A joyous song, though, even if it's suppressed joy. I had real fun writing that.” Suppressed joy and real fun found at the same time.


Father, I am asking Your presence with me this day. Singing. Smiling. Standing firm on Your Word. And staying my mind on You.


Reading in The Life Recovery Bible. The RECOVERY THEMES encourages with the reminder that “Recovery Leads to True Joy: Our life has been unmanageable and out of control. When we admit our powerlessness and turn our life over to God, we not only start the recovery process but also take the first steps toward finding true joy. We can have joy even during the tough times - because real joy does not come from outward circumstances but from inward strength. Joy comes from knowing Christ personally and from depending on His strength and power on a daily basis.”


Inward strength. Yes please Lord. I am depending on Your strength and power. Continue Your work in, with, by, through and for me I ask. I love You. I need and want You. Use me. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(349 words ~ 7:53 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment